Application Specific
   >> DAZ Studio
Thread views: 6859 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

spearcarrier
(Stranger)
08/23/13 04:49 PM
Any1 brave enuff to help w/content manager? new Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

My library won't show up. I'm desperate, and the DAZ3d forum is tired of me having to ask for help on this. I'm always having trouble with the stupid DAZ3d library. It's the most fragile piece of software I have EVER worked with. EVER. My content is always disappearing or what have you.  So I've been shown to and read tutorials that all say "back up the contentdb files" (and the others associated with) to preserve your library.

Now in the past I've used the copy and paste these files method and managed to save my library through installs, etc. But this time, because Microsoft is our caring retarded father that knows everything, I was forced to reinstall my Windows 7. I wasn't worried, though - I mean I had my library backed up, right? Apparently wrong.

So after a week I'm up again. I just reinstalled DAZ. Now here's the thing. I hate the stupid my documents folder with a passion. Depend on that and, with as many crashes as I deal with in a year, you'll never have anything. All of my stuff goes to external folders.  Which remained intact and untouched through this new install. Everything is the way I left it.

So when I installed DAZ I told it default path for the program itself and then the external drive path for the content.

YOu'd think it would find my library, instead of just a smatterinf of files that *happen* to have metadata.

I really need my library. My comic was in that library. I don't know how to export dial up characters - couldn't find a tutorial ANYWHERE for it - and I've been ignoring paying work for 6 months to get that library in order... and I'm not even 1/2 done.

Can anybody help me? I already asked in the DAZ forum; the person who responded said in three sentences something about exporting personal data and support folders. I have absolutely NO CLUE what they were talking about, and none of the content management tutorials I have followed have EVER said to do anything with exporting any personal data.

Been literally crying for over three hours now. Hope someone can help.

spearcarrier
(Stranger)
08/24/13 12:37 PM
Re: Any1 brave enuff to help w/content manager? [re: spearcarrier]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hey, thanks for replying though! In case anybody needs to know int he future - I was up until 5 am fighting this - when DAZ installed the content manager decided my *backup* windows folder was going to be it's default. That's NOT where I told it to go... but once I had things pointing in the right direction, I got my library back the works.

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise