Application Specific
   >> DAZ Studio
Thread views: 9001 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

mcdlabs
(Stranger)
05/21/17 04:23 PM
nVidia MDL use in Daz Studio Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

OK community. When I pushed out the vLibrary, some people got pretty confused over what was going on and how to install. So after 1800 downloads + in all I am suspending them until I write clearer install instructions and set up a standard file location for them that everyone can get used to.

I am thinking bout having the vMaterials files moved to the data folder. and pointing the Shader Mixers MDL Directory manager to a folder in there.

This will accomplish a few things:
1) it will allow future MDL writers a standardized locaiton for all MDL files to goto.
2) it will prevent those fearful of dragging the files into their Program Directory from not having access to these great SHADERS.
3) Since everyone is used to NOT moving anything in the data folder around. Once users have it set up for that location they wont have to worry about any further settings.

Why do I think a standard locaiton is important is simple. nVidia updates and adds more MDL files to that library. This occurs about every 4 months or so (Last update was the v1.4.0 Release on April 28th

MichaelEfrem
(Stranger)
05/31/17 09:43 AM
Re: nVidia MDL use in Daz Studio new [re: mcdlabs]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

These are outstanding resources. I've especially been looking for a wider set of wood shaders. Thanks so much for doing this. I just made a donation to support your work.

Once installed, I can see these shaders in Content Library > Shader Presets. Is it possible for them to appear in the Surfaces panel > Presets, too?

MichaelEfrem
(Stranger)
05/31/17 09:45 AM
Re: nVidia MDL use in Daz Studio new [re: MichaelEfrem]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I might have just answered my own question. I dragged a shader from Content Library over to the Surfaces > Presets folder, and now it appears there. Is that the best way to do this?

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise