ShareCG Main Forums
   >> Open Discussion
Thread views: 1154153 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)
Arotech
(Stranger)
01/05/08 02:33 PM
Re: Revenue Sharing Cancelled new [re: threedgraphics]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

IMHO, 

Your kidding me comunity.

Until this theif of labor.  The forum have been dead.

If we want comunity there's facebook, artzone, second life, myspace. This was host your stuff while we pimp our junk site.

Give me a break, we did our job the admin didn't, filter the junk, filter the bots.

I created quality and got cheesed in return.

threedgraphics
(Stranger)
01/05/08 02:39 PM
Re: Revenue Sharing Cancelled new [re: chaspo]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

why 10 per?

why not 100 per or 200 per?

What you are saying is that wneh you are done I am going to have to wade through 500+ tiles packages before I get to something else.

Kimber89
(Newbie)
01/05/08 03:47 PM
Re: Revenue Sharing Cancelled new [re: Arotech]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Interesting reactions to this issue......just goes to show what happens when money is involved..... *Raises eyebrow*

I'll continue to upload as long as ShareCG remains a free host & my freebies remain available to people whom may want them.

If the admins deem my offerings mediocre or substandard & remove them, I have other outlets.

Thing to remember, all sites have growing pains & this is just one of many & more sure to come no matter what changes are made. You just can't make all people happy all the time.

Dyald
(Stranger)
01/05/08 03:47 PM
Re: Revenue Sharing Cancelled new [re: jakeheller]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

When I had my first character ready for release, I needed a place to host it and shareCg was the best place to do that, even without the payments. The real payment I get is from getting as many people as I can to see my work. and when I hear someone compliment my stuff, THAT is worth more than any money I could make here.

But I was able to get a new dvd burner for my pc and some content from the Daz store, and for that I say thank you Share Staff.

of course I'll miss the little I made, but I will continue to use this site simply because there isn't a better place to upload my freebies. If I need money I could always try to sell the stuff at rendo or daz.

karanta
(Stranger)
01/05/08 04:45 PM
Re: Revenue Sharing Cancelled new [re: jakeheller]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I think some of you missed the point of what I wanted to say... Maybe I missworded something because English is not my native language.

I really don't care about the few dollars I make here. If I have them - fine. If I don't have them it will not hurt me. My freestuff will be available again after I'll delete it here. I'll put it on my homepage and I'll pay for my webspace as I always did. So usually I pay my money for giving something to people for free.

But I'll not going to earn money with my freestuff for a business site. If I upload freebies on a site which earns money with my freestuff (and they do so with the siteviews) I want my part of the money. And I think for some people here it makes a BIG difference if they have the 20, 50 or maybe more. Maybe they don't have a job and they need every single little dollar they earn...

If I have money to give away there are better places I could do so (and I very often do so). In Germany - where I live - I give money to SOS Kinderdorf. Also to Red Cross and some other places which are here near where I live. But I don´t give my hard earned money just for fun to companies. Maybe you can see the difference.

So don't say it's about money for me. That´s not what I said. It's about me (or we) making money for a business owner without getting something for it. And that's plain wrong for me.

Maybe think about a company near you and think about going to them and work a day for free for them. I bet they would really love that - but be honest ;) would you do so? Or tell your boss you want to work for him/her without getting money for it a day or even more. That's a strange idea for most of you? Really ;) ?

Ok - this was my last posting about this :)  

(Btw. the banner which says "it pays to share" is still on the page. Maybe it´s really time to remove it ;)....)

Nevertheless - have all a very nice weekend and a great New Year :)

MatrixWorkz
(Enthusiast)
01/05/08 04:59 PM
Re: Revenue Sharing Cancelled new [re: karanta]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

In reply to:

So don't say it's about money for me. That´s not what I said. It's about me (or we) making money for a business owner without getting something for it. And that's plain wrong for me.

And this is why we say good bye and good riddence. You're being quite hypocritical saying you're not here for the money and yet you're leaving because someone else is getting money and you aren't. You DO get something for uploading content here. You get FREE Hosting! You want to go pay to host your freebies, fine, you should have done that in the first place if all you came here for was the money.

As far as making money for a business owner goes, That's a Strawman argument.  My freebies draw some traffic to several other sites as well including Renderosity, 3DC and DAZ. Those sites are making money and not paying me either. Should I pull my freebies offline all together? That's not why I make them and it's not why this site was called ShareCG and not PayCG in the first place.

It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education. - Albert Einstein

karanta
(Stranger)
01/05/08 05:29 PM
Re: Revenue Sharing Cancelled new [re: MatrixWorkz]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Well if you think I'm "hypocritical" - there is nothing I can do against that :)
People always believe what they want to believe :)

MatrixWorkz
(Enthusiast)
01/05/08 05:33 PM
Re: Revenue Sharing Cancelled new [re: karanta]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

It's not a matter of some fairy tale I'm believing in. Look up Hypocritical in the dictionary. Your actions will be described there. You say it's not about the money and then in your next sentence you say it IS about the money that the site is getting. So it IS about the money. That's the definition of hypocritical. Money mouth

karanta
(Stranger)
01/05/08 06:01 PM
Re: Revenue Sharing Cancelled new [re: MatrixWorkz]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

You simply missed my point. Again. That´s all.

And I know what's "hypocritical". My English is not that bad.
And I also think calling people "hypocritical" is an insult.

MatrixWorkz
(Enthusiast)
01/05/08 06:10 PM

No more insulting than the insinuations that the site owners have somehow set out to rob you of something when they are giving you me and everyone else free hosting. I didn't miss your point. I find your point to be hypocritical that's all. You don't want someone else making money off of your freebies but you'll gladly cut and run if you're not getting your cut off a site that already gives you a free place to host so you don't have to pay to host elsewhere.

Renderosity makes tonnes of money off of visitors who were drawn there for freebies like yours and mine and you had no problem posting links there to your freebies here as long as you thought it would garner you some money. Will you be pulling your renderosity freebies as well?

What's sad is that you can't see how that reflects on you.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)
View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise