ShareCG Main Forums
   >> Open Discussion
Thread views: 128253 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | (show all)
brainstew
(Stranger)
07/05/07 02:00 PM
Re: Important: to All ShareCG Members - Re Site Abuse new [re: jalex417]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hi everyone,

first of all I'd like to say thank you for this magnificent site. It's the only file hoster I know that is really great for all users - those who upload content, and those who download it.

I really appreciate the fact that I can add up to four previews and modify information or screenshots in such a convenient and easy manner. I've been sharing freebies for six or seven months now, used about half a dozen file hosters, and this is the first one I'm really happy with, which is why I have moved all of my items to ShareCG.

I'm also glad to read that the problems of mass uploading and abuse have not gone unnoticed, and are being discussed, and I hope that solutions will be found that ensure a quality that will attract even more users to ShareCG.

In my opinion, there will have to be at least some kind of (moderate) control to eliminate abuse. Not all of the users will show the responsibility that a community like this one depends on in order to thrive.

A lot of good and useful stuff can be found here already, and I hope that ShareCG will become more and more popular with the CG communities around the world.

So, may the force be with you... :-)

dadchamp
(Stranger)
07/05/07 06:23 PM
Re: Important: to All ShareCG Members - Re Site Abuse new [re: marcodd]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I totally support this idea too. A view must be validated by an associated download to count for payment!

I don't fear God anymore. Anything he/she can do to me now is only adding insult to injury!

spacenewt
(Stranger)
07/05/07 10:00 PM
Re: Important: to All ShareCG Members - Re Site Abuse new [re: dadchamp]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

While I think that this is a good idea (payment for downloads rather than views), it would mean that anyone who uploads images to the art section would lose out.

dadchamp
(Stranger)
07/05/07 10:23 PM
Re: Important: to All ShareCG Members - Re Site Abuse new [re: spacenewt]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Actually, no ... this would only apply to downloadable items. Things in the art area and video area could still be counted by page views.

I don't fear God anymore. Anything he/she can do to me now is only adding insult to injury!

doaservices
(Stranger)
07/07/07 01:56 PM
Re: Important: to All ShareCG Members - Re Site Ab new [re: MatrixWorkz]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I'm the one who suggested the "mulitple formats" for file types.  I see huge numbers of .max or .orb files, which most of us can't use.  However, looking at my own posts, I'm guilty of posting nothing but Poser format, so maybe I need to shake a finger at myself, too. (I just try to make life easier for the Poser people when I can by having everything already set up for them; most Poser useres are not experts in texturing.)

As for the concept of paying for downloads vs. views, I like this.  This sorts out the people who misrepresent what they're linking to.  Good idea.

I don't post my pics to the gallery, as I don't see posting to a gallery deserves the same credit as posting a model that is avaiable for everyone to use.  However, that's strickly a personal opinion.

I look forward to the audit on the 20th, so that the crud will be cleared out.

dadchamp
(Stranger)
07/07/07 06:48 PM
Re: Important: to All ShareCG Members - Re Site Ab new [re: doaservices]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I don't see posting Poser format as problem since most all of the major software packages out there have Poser importers. It's almost become a secondary interchange format right with it's support format OBJ. If someone out there can afford 5K for Maya or 3DMax, they sure can afford a couple of hundred bucks for a Poser importer if they want to use Poser items. I don't feel bad at all posting only Poser content ... I feel like I'm doing the 3D community a service providing quality free stuff they won't find somewhere else. It's also a little know secret that most ALL cgi professionals have Poser in their toolbox. They'll never admit it, but they do!

Pages in this thread: 1 | (show all)
View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise