ShareCG Main Forums
   >> Open Discussion
Thread views: 190168 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
Panthia
(Stranger)
09/30/07 01:33 PM
Re: Questionable Tubes new [re: joypauline]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

90% of tubes are used by pspers who don't even have poser/bryce/daz studio.  They make sig tags for psp groups.....they are not hurting any one!  They just want to add glitter to what someone else does........That's what my tubes are used for......

Here's an example.....DeviouslyDesign allows pspers to use her poser tubes to make sig tags......that doesn't hurt daz or anyone else!  As a matter of fact, it HELPS them..... Thats how I got started in poser.  Alot of the artists stopped allowing their artwork to be tubed.  They started wanting people to pay for it, which was fine, but alot of people couldn't afford it...me being one of those people.  I got Daz Studio and started with free content just so I could have some tubes to use in psp.  Then I wasn't satisfied and started making whole images....then I had to start buying those killer clothing packs...then the textures......So those tubes HELP the poser community alot more than they hurt!

Panthia
(Stranger)
09/30/07 01:39 PM
Re: Questionable Tubes new [re: Panthia]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Maybe a section in Poser for tubes would help calm some down?  Because I do agree they don't go in plug-ins or textures.....but it 'was' the best place we had for them.

joypauline
(Newbie)
09/30/07 01:42 PM
Re: Questionable Tubes new [re: Panthia]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Oh Panthia......I totally agree with you!!!!!!.....I am well aware that these products help rather than hinder. I too make renders for 2D products that others just cannot afford. I admire your work and don't know how you got the impression that I was against this!

Smile

Panthia
(Stranger)
09/30/07 01:54 PM
Re: Questionable Tubes new [re: joypauline]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Joy....didn't think you were against me or tubes in general.....Just wanted to show how tubes are used by the majority of peeps who use them.  LOL....Now that I read my post I was a little bitchy wasn't I!  I'd rather provide someone with a clean tube than have them take one of my images and cut out all the background......

Just wanted others to know that tubes are meant to be harmless fun for pspers......and to point out that some good does come in a very long run to those who create pay packs for poser.  LOL.....It would have been tons cheaper for me to just buy tubes from CILM or GILD than to get into poser....but there wouldn't have been that satisfaction level for me!

joypauline
(Newbie)
09/30/07 02:05 PM

Yes indeed...they fulfull the needs of many who have no interest ain purchsing and learning 3D software. Renders/tubes have their place in the CG world. Like you, I prefer to use the software and most importantly to animate. We need to accept that there are many who need good images for other purposes.

Thanks for your reply!Laughing

Kimber89
(Stranger)
09/30/07 03:22 PM

Oooooooo nice sig tag Panthia!! Have you heard of Sensual Dolls?

I totally agree with you, tubes made in Poser got me started. I used to buy tubes from GI but I mainly do my own, although I still swipe some from Outlaw. LOL

Panthia
(Stranger)
10/01/07 07:56 AM
Re: Questionable Tubes new [re: Kimber89]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I've heard of Senual Dolls...And I think once upon a time I had a few of their tubes....then HD crashed and I lost all my tubes and just recollect cause I don't use psp much anymore for sig tags......

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise