ShareCG Main Forums
   >> Site Recommendations and Suggestions
Thread views: 9728 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

PYROFX
(Stranger)
04/08/09 04:25 PM
Encouraging feedback/ratings? Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I recently uploaded my first ever model with a line in the description asking for constructive feedback/comments/rating. In 24 hours 170 people have downloaded it yet only one person has been decent enough to contact me (by EMail) with feedback :-( Makes me think twice about uploading anything else. Can anything be done to encourage downloaders to contribute something in return? The "something" doesn't have to be much just a "Thank you" would be nice :-(. I Have rewarded the person who Emailed me by modifying the item to cater for his personal requirements, the modified (and IMO better than the original) item wil not be uploaded here but I may send it direct to downloaders who give some form of feedback.

DavidJHanna
(Journeyman)
04/22/09 11:20 PM
Re: Encouraging feedback/ratings? new [re: PYROFX]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hello PYROFX.
   Yes, I know how hard it is to wait for constructive feedback.  Over a year ago I uploaded a program I created called NewSkin.  Since then, I have updated it several times to better versions.  So far there has been about 10,000 downloads.  I always encourage feedback, and try to reply as soon as possible when I finally get feedback.  Still, the rate of feedback to downloads is about 0.2%.  I don’t worry about those who have nothing to say, and concentrate on those who do. 
  Although I only upload files to ShareCG, I get most of my feedback from other forums.  After exploring several 3D forums, I have found that some are very friendly and supportive, where others are less friendly.  My favorite forum for constructive feedback and friendly support is at http://faeriewylde.com.  Although the theme of the web site is fairies, they devote a lot of the web site to Poser and DAZ Studio related topics.  Another great place to post a link to your file and ask for feedback is http://forum.daz3d.com.  At the DAZ forum, the theme of the web site is 3D graphics software, and you will find many members at all levels of expertise.  Although it is a good idea to store your files at just one location, it is also a great idea to advertise it on as many forums as you can.  I even increased my feedback at ShareCG once, by mentioning my program in a forum and asking for feedback, although I did not get as much feedback as I did at the other two forums.
  Most people who come to ShareCG just followed a link (usually from a forum), and just want to download the file and move on.  Many don’t even remember where they downloaded the file, by the time they finally open it up and try it out.  Why not find the people you trust and respect (in a forum), and just ask them what they think.
                            -David

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise