ShareCG Main Forums
   >> Site Recommendations and Suggestions
Thread views: 18732 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

zerogravity42
(Stranger)
08/24/12 06:13 AM
Spam Comments new Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

There has been a steady stream of spam comments on one of my gallery posts (thankfully it's been only one so far). I have contacted admin and recieved a prompt reply, but the spam postings keep coming ... as soon as a comment is taken down, another takes it's place. Should I just take the gallery post down, and any future posts targeted by spammers? Trying to fight this doesn't seem to matter much ... and a note to the spammers/hackers ... is there anyway way possible that you could just leave us alone? Probably not I expect, but if at least ONE of you remembers what being a decent human being is like...

McGyver
(Stranger)
08/24/12 01:10 PM
Re: Spam Comments new [re: zerogravity42]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I have noticed the same thing. When the comment is removed a new one (for fake coach bags) takes its place. I will probably take down the model and repost it another time. Don't bother appealing to spammers, they are neither decent, nor human. 

zerogravity42
(Stranger)
08/26/12 08:07 AM
Re: Spam Comments [re: McGyver]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

There really is NO PLACE LEFT where people can just be left alone to pursue and explore their interests. Bollocks.Yell

McGyver
(Stranger)
08/26/12 09:46 AM
Re: Spam Comments new [re: zerogravity42]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I hate spammers. I am going to have to remove one of my models because this sleazy company (counterfeit sportswear and designer handbags) will not stop spamming my comments and I will not have them use my content to ply their vile trade.

There is nothing anyone can create that some lowlife will not find a way of exploiting for their own benefit.

The "It pays to share" program was cancelled because thieves and lowlifes took advantage of it and now some other parasites are worming their way in here, trying to make a profit from other's work.

zerogravity42
(Stranger)
09/10/12 05:51 AM
Re: Spam Comments new [re: McGyver]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I finaly just took the post down and will now take down every post of mine that winds up getting spammed. When all the posts are deleted, I'll remove my profile here and move along. Spammers and hackers will always win so I just refuse to play.

ibsystemsAdministrator
(Member)
10/06/12 01:57 AM
Re: Spam Comments new [re: McGyver]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hi ... If you're still here, you may have noticed that we stopped the spammer about a week and a half ago after a month long battle.  This person did not jeaprodize anyone's security or work, but continually posted advertisements in user's comments below their displayed work. 

This is the wild web of the west and occasionally outlaws ride into town.  It just goes with the territory.

Fighting this spammer was painful and extremely time consuming for the crew here, and I'm glad we can now move on.

Thanks for your patience,

David

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise