ShareCG Main Forums
   >> Site Recommendations and Suggestions
Thread views: 16166 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Josea
(Newbie)
10/25/12 10:53 AM
Comments editing Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I had just mad a comment on some art work. It got repeated a few time (probably because my system was slow at the time). This made me think that perhaps a user should be able to edit or delete their own comments while logged in.

Just a suggestion.

manekineko
(Stranger)
05/21/13 01:18 AM
Re: Comments editing new [re: Josea]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

i second this - sometimes you'd like to add something afterwards.

and i would appreciate a lot if there was (or did i miss the feature??) like a subscription for following comments too, one you could switch on/off. it happened that i had asked a question to a particular item, and not knowing when the artist replied, i had to bookmark the page and peek every now & again to see if the answer was there. not only does this generate a totally buggy number of viewings, but i might just forget about one thread..

joequick
(Stranger)
06/01/13 05:02 PM
Re: Comments editing new [re: manekineko]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I'd like to be able to delete abusive comments or disable commenting completely.

jalex417Moderator
(Enthusiast)
06/10/13 07:28 AM
Re: Comments editing new [re: joequick]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I'll bring this up at our weekly engineering meeting this Thursday and we'll look at ways to give you more editing options as you've all suggested.

jalex417Moderator
(Enthusiast)
06/16/13 12:28 PM
Re: Comments editing new [re: manekineko]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

On other thought to directly answer your question.  When a SCG member enters a comment this comment and any others that were made during a 24 hour period, are sent to the uploader by email so he or she gets a chance to see what you've said and respond.

manekineko
(Stranger)
06/17/13 02:33 AM
Re: Comments editing new [re: jalex417]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

weird. i never received any copy of my comments.. nor about following ones, but then there might not have been any in a span of 24h. we're talking about the upload pages, right? not the forum.

btw, i'm talking from the perspective of a downloader, not uploader.

and i didn't find anything related i could check/uncheck in my profile as to which notifications i get. but your reply and the artists' uploads i follow did generate notification emails, and i had mail exchanges with members too..

what i do now, if i want to see if a comment i've made had been answered, is to check regularly on the page - which of course generates nonsense page viewings ~

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise