ShareCG Main Forums
   >> Site Recommendations and Suggestions
Thread views: 14707 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

3DCheapskate
(Stranger)
03/18/11 12:32 AM
SITE BUG! Password change problem Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

There's an option to change your password in the /account info\ tab under "My Account".

However, the "Old Password :" field only accepts 17 characters, although passwords can be longer (my password is definitely longer than 17 characters - if I try to login using just the first 17, 18, etc characters of my password it fails. I need to enter my FULL password).

Therefore if I try to change my password I get the "Password entered does not match our record"  message, and

This needs to be fixed.

It would also be nice (and this is a problem on just about every site where you have to create a password) to have a statement like "your password must be between 6 and 17 characters long, and can include numbers, uppercase letters and lowercase letters but not punctuation symbols" (or whatever the actual restrictions are)

3DCheapskate
(Stranger)
03/18/11 10:04 AM
Re: SITE BUG! Password change problem new [re: 3DCheapskate]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Just had an email to say the bugs been fixed, and so it has, I just checked.

Thanks!

Max password length is apparently 20 characters.

Ken1171
(Stranger)
06/24/11 03:10 PM
Re: SITE BUG! Password change problem new [re: 3DCheapskate]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Today I have changed my password and noticed that I could no longer access any of the ShareCG pages - they all show as a white blank page. I could still see the site through other computers, but Firefox would only give me a blank page, no error messages.

After trying different things, I figured it can be "fixed" by deleting the ShareCG cookies from Firefox. Now I can access the site again, and this might help other people if they get blank pages after changing their password.

jalex417Moderator
(Member)
06/24/11 06:09 PM
Re: SITE BUG! Password change problem new [re: Ken1171]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hi Ken .... Great Tip!  We didn't know about this one.

kjer_99
(Stranger)
11/06/11 08:37 PM
Re: SITE BUG! Password change problem new [re: jalex417]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I don't know about anybody else, but for the past three or four days, when I click on the link to the 3D Models pages, I get the page with the mix of different download times.  When I click on the link for the option to change the view to the most recent, what comes up is no pictures or links to the downloads--just a black space.  (Don't worry! All your advertisements seem to in place, though.)  

While I'm at it, I'd like to see you make the default be the most recent items first.  It used to be that way, or we had the option of opting for that as our preferred way to view the Pages.  Most of your viewers are going to be "old hands" who have already seen the earlier stuff.  Why should we be forced to make three separate options to get to what we want to see--the new stuff?  Very annoying.

Third, when I used to make comments on various uploads, I was identified by my ID: kjer_99.  After you made a major modification about a year or so ago, whenever I make a comment, I am identified by my actual name.  This does not make me happy; and no, I did not that change myself.  

Fourth, I am an older adult with eyes that are getting unable to read really fine print even with the aid of prescription glasses.   I have to use a magnifying glass to read some of the information below the images.  If the print were a point or two larger and printed in white, bold yellow, or orange, it would help your older visiters (of which there are many more than you might think) a great deal. 

Thank you for your patience in listening to my rants.  I appreciate your consideration of my suggestions.

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise