ShareCG Main Forums
   >> Site Recommendations and Suggestions
Thread views: 81568 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | >> (show all)
jalex417Moderator
(Journeyman)
12/02/07 02:16 PM
Re: To Admin new [re: classylady]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Thanks for pointing this out .... I didn't actually realize that our ad network provider was occasionally poping things up and causing these delays and problems.  We'll tackle and correct this problem this coming week!  We want to make this site easy and fast to use ... without any interruptions.

serendigity
(Stranger)
12/04/07 01:37 PM
Re: To Admin new [re: jalex417]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Regarding adverts, if people want to download our hard work for free they should be willing to see the adverts, as long as they do not cause undue delays in site navigation. I have seen some other free file download sites that make you watch a 5 or 10 second countdown of adverts before the download starts...

MatrixWorkz
(Enthusiast)
12/04/07 02:15 PM
Re: To Admin new [re: serendigity]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I feel the same way. Nothing in life is truely free. The least people can do is put up with a few ad's for free content.

It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education. - Albert Einstein

jakehellerModerator
(Member)
12/06/07 07:04 AM
Re: To Admin new [re: MatrixWorkz]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

We removed the full page ads. Hopefully that doesn't do too much damage to the bottom-line.

Athyrius
(Stranger)
12/04/09 10:35 AM
Re: To Admin new [re: jalex417]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I have noticed that the site has become quite a bit slower than when I first posted here. Possibly because of the ads- not sure. Maybe we need more pipe.

But without your user base- who are basically filling this site with the content needed to bring even more users and provide reason for ad purchasers - you wouldn't have a site at all. I am sure you are aware of this. I have seen plenty of sites crash and burn because of unusability created by ad revenue.

It's a fine line..

Pages in this thread: 1 | >> (show all)
View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise