ShareCG Main Forums
   >> Wanted
Thread views: 9237 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

smallalice
(Stranger)
07/17/10 12:13 PM
articulated props in DAZ Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

hi,

can anyone tell me (or point me to a tutorial) about making articulated props just using DAZ studio 3. I can already make static props...

thanks

sa

dyraven
(Stranger)
07/20/10 12:49 AM
Re: articulated props in DAZ new [re: smallalice]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hi smallalice,

You need to do this in the pp2 file. Open one that you already have in a text editor and look how it is put together.

You can save it as the name of your prop and change the geometry file paths to your object(s). You will need to change the parameters to match your model and edit the paths to your textures. The most important part is setting the 'end point' and 'origin' parameters (X,Y,Y) at the hinge location. When this is right, you can use the Xrotate, Yrotate or Zrotate to control the movement.

I am working on a tutorial for creating figures and props for both Poser and Daz, but it is not finished yet. I do, however, have a handy tutorial on my site to help package it up when you're finished.

Creating Compatible Zip Files Tutorial

If you would like to contact me for more help, my email is at the bottom of the tutorial. I also have links there to my Freebies and products I have created.

You can see my portfolio at;
My ShareCG Profile

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise