ShareCG Main Forums
   >> Open Discussion
Thread views: 59372 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

MatrixWorkz
(Enthusiast)
01/30/08 06:21 PM
Maintaining Logins?!? new Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Am I the only one who's continually having to relog in everytime I leave the site? Apparently my cookies aren't keeping me logged in as they once did. Must be something they've changed on the site or my cookies have gone sour. Frown

It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education. - Albert Einstein

Jumpstartme2
(Journeyman)
01/31/08 01:02 AM
Re: Maintaining Logins?!? [re: MatrixWorkz]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Mine is still working fine? Try doing a hard refresh of your browser {CTRL+F5} then close it down, and restart..see if that helps ;)

dadchamp
(Member)
01/31/08 04:44 PM
Re: Maintaining Logins?!? new [re: MatrixWorkz]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Alls fine here ...

--
I don't fear God anymore. Anything he/she can do to me now is only adding insult to injury!

MatrixWorkz
(Enthusiast)
02/01/08 12:09 AM
Re: Maintaining Logins?!? new [re: Jumpstartme2]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I'm using FireFox. I'll give CTRL F5 a try. Just seems to refresh the page. Doesn't seem to maintain my login's between sessions. IE: I used to be able to close the browser and when I reopen it the next day it still logs me automatically into the forums. It's no longer doing that these days.

Tessalynne
(Stranger)
02/01/08 12:54 AM
Re: Maintaining Logins?!? new [re: MatrixWorkz]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Mine are okay and holding, using firefox as well.

Jumpstartme2
(Journeyman)
02/01/08 09:04 AM

Ohhhh! I know whats happening maybe...the site only keeps the login cookies active for 2 weeks...

Do this..when you get to the login screen, don't type anything into the login boxes, instead click 'login' a couple of times, you'll get error type messeges, and then you will see a 'keep me signed in for 2 weeks' checkbox, then login with username and pass word.

Try that and let me know if it works ;) 

adp__
(Journeyman)
02/01/08 11:41 AM

Take a look into Firefox cookie management. Perhaps for the cookie lifetime you've selected "...until firefox is closed" (or something like this).

MatrixWorkz
(Enthusiast)
02/01/08 01:06 PM
Re: Maintaining Logins?!? new [re: Jumpstartme2]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

That worked! I had to clear the saved login name and password to get the empty boxes but once I did the checkbox for 2 week login reappeared. Thanks.

Jumpstartme2
(Journeyman)
02/02/08 12:48 PM

Kewl Beans ;)

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

GENEQ

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise