Application Specific
   >> Other Tools
Thread views: 81939 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | (show all)
spacenewt
(Stranger)
08/20/07 12:08 PM
Sketchup... (maybe) Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I'm not sure how popular it is, but I use sketchup quite a lot...

If anyone else uses it, I'd love it if Jake would consider a Sketchup section in the forum...

So, does anyone else use it?

Jumpstartme2
(Newbie)
08/21/07 09:37 PM
Re: Sketchup... (maybe) new [re: spacenewt]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Wow, I thought I was the only one who used Sketchup...I cant do much with it right now {Im still mesmerized with ZBrush} but I do use it for my more uniform obj's

spacenewt
(Stranger)
08/22/07 08:07 PM
Re: Sketchup... (maybe) new [re: Jumpstartme2]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I think Sketchup is a great program, but I have some huge problems with sussing out how to save models complete with their uv's (so they can be imported into UV mapper and a template made so that they can be textured). I'm a real newbie at this whole modelling thang, so I badly need a forum where I can ask for advice.....

Jumpstartme2
(Journeyman)
08/22/07 08:46 PM
Re: Sketchup... (maybe) new [re: spacenewt]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Im a total noob too, so dont feel all alone LOL! That object up there in my last post is just straight out of Sketchup without any uv's or textures..I created my textures {512 x 512} inside PSP 7 and applied them in Vue and rendered it out...

Can you export at all with textures applied in Sketchup? I didn't think you could..{?} Im going to have to pull that program back out and look at it again...it really is a great modeling app

spacenewt
(Stranger)
08/23/07 02:24 AM
Re: Sketchup... (maybe) new [re: Jumpstartme2]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I've not tried it yet (too busy fiddling around with all the fun stuff..lol) but I think you can.

I've found some brilliant tutorials at http://www.aidanchopra.com/ he does the sketchup for dummies book (which sounds just right for me) and his vid tutorials are great... really easy to follow.

Jumpstartme2
(Journeyman)
08/29/07 06:39 PM

Thanks for the link, I'll def check it out..I need all the help I can get right about now LOL

jalex417Moderator
(Newbie)
08/29/07 10:51 PM

I totally agree with you ... all.  SketchUp (Google) and people using tools like it are reshaping our world ... at least our virtual world.  Any ways ... it's an important tool and we've added it to choices for 2&3D Art, 3D Models, and Tutorials and have added a "SketchUp" discussion group to this forum so you don't have to hang around here anymore.   Enjoy!

ShareCG Team

Jumpstartme2
(Journeyman)
09/02/07 12:59 PM
Re: Sketchup... (maybe) [re: jalex417]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Excellent! Thanky much Jalex!

spacenewt
(Stranger)
09/02/07 11:47 PM

Brilliant... Thanks JakeLaughing

*Runs off to start a tutorials thread*

Appasetrash
(Stranger)
05/13/09 06:37 PM
Hey new [re: spacenewt]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Just wanted to introduce myself, been a lurker on here for a while. Are there any subjects that we can't talk about on here?

Pages in this thread: 1 | (show all)
View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

GENEQ

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise