Application Specific
   >> Pixologic ZBrush
Thread views: 114853 *View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | (show all)
max3d
(Stranger)
06/15/07 03:49 AM
some zbrush work- two heads Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

and

might as well get this forum up and running too :)

since i got my upgrade to zb3 i thought i might as well have a play. so here are two heads i have been working on. i have used subtools for the hooks and wires etc. both models started life as a zb cube and then wires where made using zspheres as subtools.

BloomPix
(Stranger)
06/15/07 04:15 AM
Re: some zbrush work- two heads [re: max3d]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hi, I have a simple question about Subtools. If you got a character in a conventional 3D package made of diferente parts, how can you import and place the parts correctly using Subtools?

BloomPix Studios
Sergio Gardella
www.bloompixstudios.com
3dsergio@gmail.com
Barcelona, SPAIN

max3d
(Stranger)
06/15/07 04:23 AM
Re: some zbrush work- two heads [re: BloomPix]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

what i would do is import them all into zbrush as obj files and then select the main bulk tool first like the body  ( get that on the viewport first and make sure your in edit mode ) and then goto subtools and hit the append button and start selecting the parts one by one adjusting their position and scale as needed.

word of warning when using zspheres as subtools is that i have found they interfer with the main tool by moving it slightly, really annoying 

hope that helps.  

BloomPix
(Stranger)
06/15/07 04:27 AM
Re: some zbrush work- two heads [re: max3d]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Yes, it helps a lot. I was sure it should be done by a similar way. So there is no form to get everything loaded and placed at the correct position and scale?

For some characters it can be hard to place all the props in place.

Thanks a lot.

BloomPix Studios
Sergio Gardella
www.bloompixstudios.com
3dsergio@gmail.com
Barcelona, SPAIN

max3d
(Stranger)
06/15/07 04:34 AM
Re: some zbrush work- two heads new [re: BloomPix]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

honestly i would say no there is no easy way to do this, from how i have seen zbrush work when you have to start placing the model in the first place (disclaimer: i could be wrong here and if so someone will most likely come and correct me, but i think you are going to have to place each part manually using the akward (imho) move and scale tool). i would prob become really lazy at this point  and merge those suckers into one mesh before importing and leave some of the detailed parts as subtools

max3d
(Stranger)
06/15/07 04:35 AM
Re: some zbrush work- two heads [re: BloomPix]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

btw do you think we are all alone and filling the forum up on our own ??

should i move onto another area in the forum to start another topic?

;)

speak soon mate and keep the replies coming  

BloomPix
(Stranger)
06/15/07 08:48 AM
Re: some zbrush work- two heads new [re: max3d]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hi,

yes, somehow I feel like there are not too many registred users. I looked at the Who´s oneline and we were just three a couple of hourse ago. I think that other members will appear shortly.

Anyway many thanks for your tips.

BloomPix Studios
Sergio Gardella
www.bloompixstudios.com
3dsergio@gmail.com
Barcelona, SPAIN

jakehellerModerator
(Stranger)
06/15/07 11:30 AM
Re: some zbrush work- two heads new [re: BloomPix]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Thanks for getting the discussion started guys :-) It's true we don't have hundreds of thousands of users (yet), but these things take some time to build, as well as some dedicated users like you guys.

-Jake

BloomPix
(Stranger)
06/15/07 12:38 PM
Re: some zbrush work- two heads new [re: jakeheller]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hi, I have seen some forums start to grow, but sincerelly this is growing really fast...

BloomPix Studios
Sergio Gardella
www.bloompixstudios.com
3dsergio@gmail.com
Barcelona, SPAIN

raytracer
(Stranger)
06/15/07 06:38 PM
Re: some zbrush work- two heads new [re: max3d]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

That's excellent work. Maybe a free tutorial post at sharecg would be nice to get familiar with the tools of zbrush while you do this type of organic model. Looking at the interface of zbrush always made me squirm. They say mudbox is a bit more user friendly.

Pages in this thread: 1 | (show all)
*View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

GENEQ

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise